The following instructions are for upgrading the firmware on the second generation of AIM Manager. In this example, we are upgrading from firmware version 4.4 to 4.5, however, the process is the same for other versions.
- Take a backup of the AIM Manager before starting the upgrade.
- Download the appropriate AIM firmware from the main Adder website.
- Unpack/Unzip the firmware from the zip file and save in an accessible location.
- Connect to the AIM Managers web interface.
- Navigate to Dashboard -> Updates
- Click on the Choose File button.
- Browse to the AIM's upgrade file, in this example the upgrade file is upgrade_4.5.40890.tar.gz.asc. Of course, you will need to choose the version that you have downloaded and unpacked. Select the appropriate AIM firmware file and press Open .
- You will notice that the file name that you have selected appears next to the Choose File button.
- Press the Upload button to upload the firmware file from your host computer to the AIM Manager.
- After the upload button is pressed, you will see an Uploading file... message appear. The upgrade may take 2-3 minutes.
- Once the upgrade has completed, you will see a banner at the top of the page telling you that it was successful and to remind you to backup other AIM's on the network.
- Next to the Upload button, you will also see Restart Now. Press the Restart Now button to finalise the upgrade and boot into the new firmware version. This may take up to two minutes to restart. During the reboot, a copy of the database is moved into the partition where the new firmware upgrade resides and any database schema changes will be applied. This means it may take a little longer to boot than you would normally expect. See the AIM Manager page for more infomation.
- After the AIM has rebooted, you should find the AIM's firmware version displayed either at the top on the right-hand side of the web page and at the bottom.
- Upgrade Complete.
As the Backup will be under the control of the Primary, you will notice that access to some of the menu's will not be available, however, the upgrade process is the same.