This procedure covers the upgrade of the XD612, XD614, XD641, and XD642. The upgrade time can vary between the models. The XD612, XD641, and XD642 take approximately 6 minutes to upgrade, whilst the XD614 can take around 11 minutes
- Obtain upgrade file from the product pages on the main Adder Website.
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy the upgrade.bin to the top level of a FAT32 formatted USB stick.
- Ensure Receiver & Transmitter are linked together (by copper or fiber network cable), powered on and the LINK LED is showing Green.
- Press and hold the reset button on Receiver until the Status (STS) LED flashes Blue/Red
- Insert the USB stick into the leftmost USB socket on the Receiver
- Press the Ctrl key 3 times to display the OSD
- The Status (STS) LEDs on BOTH the Receiver and Transmitter should flash Red/Green whilst the upgrade is taking place. A progress indication is also displayed on the OSD.
- After a few minutes the Transmitter and Receiver should reboot and LEDs show Green, indicating a successful upgrade. The video screen output may flicker on/off during the reboot process – this is due to Windows and will settle to redisplay the video output after approx. 1 minute.
There is upgrade failure observed about 1 in 5 attempts. If you experience constant upgrade failure, please provide the error code on Dashboard to Adder Support.