The ALIF3000 can only be upgraded via the AIM Manager. We are aware of any issue with AIM v4.11 and below where an upgrade will unexpectedly fail. Make sure that you have not set the AIM to Use SSL for its web interface, this is where you use https rather than http to access the AIM. The setting is found under Dashboard -> Settings -> Network -> Use SSL. If you have, temporary turn off the feature, upgrade the ALIF3000(s) and then turn it back on again afterwards.
No, it must be configured and controlled by an AIM, as it manages the RDP connections. There is no manual configuration available on its web interface unlike the other Infinity models.
There are a number of reasons why a VDI Channel may not be shown on the OSD.
- VDI Channels are only shown on the OSD of an ALIF3000R.
- Check that the User who logs into the OSD has permission to the VDI Channel
- An RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) does not allow a connection to be shared. Therefore, RDP VDI Channels are only accessible in Private Mode. If you disable Private Access, they will not be displayed. There are a number of places where the 'Allow Private Access' is configured:-
- Globally: Under Dashboard -> Settings -> General - Grant All Users Private Access
- By User Group: Users -> View User Groups - Allow Private Mode
- By User: Users - Allow Private Mode
The permissions pass-through using a hierarchy. Check to make sure that the User has access to Private channels.
The ALIF3000 supports the full RDP spec. This means it will be compatible with any level of encryption defined by the server (either TLS or RDP).