Backup mode allows you to reload the firmware should the unit not boot normally, for example in the event that the main firmware failed to upgrade. Whilst in backup mode, the unit is not fully operational and only offers its web interface. It will neither transmit or receive video, USB, audio or serial.
- On the back of the Endpoint (Transmitter or Receiver), you will see two dip switches. By default, both should be in the up position.
- With the power disconnected on the unit, turn dipswitch 1 ON by pushing it to the down position.
- Power on the unit and all but the PWR LEDs will continuously flash on the front of the unit to indicate that it is in backup mode.
- Power on the ALIF100T unit.
- Use a narrow implement (e.g. a straightened-out paper clip) to press-and-hold the recessed reset button for roughly ten seconds until the indicators flash green/red.
- Release the reset switch.
- The ALIF100T unit will switch to the backup firmware image. Once complete, ALIF100T unit will then continually flash green/red.
NOTE: To return to normal operation, power cycle the unit.